Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Issue when creating new user (Validation of QDSSettings object failed: QDSGeneral.ClusterInfo must contain at least one itemValidation of QDSSettings object failed: QDSGeneral.ClusterInfo must contain at least one item)

Hello !

Since yesterday I have had problems when creating new user (calls and nameds)

I would like to know how to solve the problem below:

"An unhandled error occurred.

Validation of QDSSettings object failed: QDSGeneral.ClusterInfo must contain at least one item"

My license is valid for both, the server and the publisher. and I still have 3 named and 10 calls available.

May this this issue that we are facing an instability on installation?

Is there any xml file corrupted?

Can you help me?

I appreciate any tip you can provide me

Best regards

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem and tried all sugesstions - still got the error. By now I am using the original folder to place my docs, but it's a temporary solution.

Please, help!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Krasi,

What version of QlikView are you on?

Not applicable
Author

Initially I was on 11 sr4, then upgraded to 11 sr5. Also tried to downgrade to 10r5 but I had issues with the QVWS.

diego_a_barboza
Creator
Creator

Did you try checking file QVPR\QDSCluster.xml

Not applicable
Author

Hi Diego,

What  exactly  do I have to change in the file QVPR\QDSCluster.xml. I have 3 QlikView servers in the file.

BR

Fredrik

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

This normally is caused by a issue with your QVPR database where you have invalid GUIDs. Best to contact support for their help.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
diego_a_barboza
Creator
Creator

We had a similar issue some time ago and, after some troubleshooting, our QV team found out that some of the parameters for the QV servers were not updated: We had a migration a month before then (to a new server, but keeping the same QV Version) and everything seemed to be working fine... but when we needed to add a new publish folder we couldn't; then, some new users reported that they couldn't access to the dashboards (they were not getting the licenses)

Hope this helps.

pedrolau
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Bill, I think you are right, this happend to one of my customers today trying to add a new mounted folder. I did a restore from a previous QVPR and everything works fine now. Thanks!

Alfredo