Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Does Not Equal

Hi all,

I have a straight table where I'm trying to display only certain customer names. I used a calculated expression with an aggr(only function and set analysis with -= what I want to exclude but it doesn't seem to be working. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

=aggr(only({<Attribute1=P({<Attribute1-={"Others"}>}Attribute1)>}Attribute2),Attribute2)

Maximiliano, you was on the right track. I actually figured it out as I was typing this post. I just needed to suppress null values.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

what is condition?

Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure what you mean but below is the calculated dimension expression I used, replacing the actual fields with Attribute1 and Attribute2.

=aggr(only({<Attribute1=P({<Attribute1-={"Others"}>}Attribute1)>}Attribute2),Attribute2)

Hopefully this helps!

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It would help if you could show us sample data and the expression that you are trying to use. Probably the Only() function is getting multiple values and therefore returns null.

You could also use something like:

If(Match(Product, 'A', 'B', 'C') = 0, Product)

//do not display A, B or C

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
maximiliano_vel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If you are trying to get all the possible values for Attribute1 tha does not include "Others", you should try

=aggr(only({<Attribute1=E({<Attribute1={"Others"}>}Attribute1)>}Attribute2),Attribute2)

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Elizabeth Brate wrote:

That does not look at all like your original question. Is this what you mean?

If(Attribute1 = 'Others', Attribute2, Attribute1)

I am not sure how that will play though. Is there a 1-1 correspondence between Attribute1 and Attribute2? If not, then I don't think that will work.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
sunny_talwar

What is the expression you are using?

Not applicable
Author

Maximiliano, you was on the right track. I actually figured it out as I was typing this post. I just needed to suppress null values.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!