cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Access to CSS

A lot of the reports we write are for customers with brand guidelines we need to adhere to.

With sense being a HTML Front end are there plans to give users access to the underlying CSS in Qlik Sense?

I've seen in extensions you can access and modify the CSS of a chart type
but I think that would be overkill to have to rewrite a chart object just to access the formatting.

If I wanted to for example change the Chart Titles from Qlik grey to black for example.  Is there one place I can change this and if yes will we be able to upload themes to it in future.  Something like what Bootstrap have done.

61 Replies
Not applicable

I got word from Lee Matthews indirectly that this feature would be in Qlik Sense 2.0.

I have since installed Qlik Sense Desktop 2.0.

However, I find that the folder C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes which is where the customizable theme.json file is supposed to be located is still nowhere to be found.

Cheers,

Paolo

Not applicable

Any word on the ability to customise the font face and colour?

I'm on the wrong side of 50, and I have to strain to read the grey text used in labels, tables, etc.

Also, the default font renders quite poorly on my monitor, with lots of jagged edges and fades, making it even more difficult to read.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Ron,

We are still working on a editor to allow users or administrators to create and apply themes.

Currently one could change the default theme file, if you are using Qlik Sense Enterprise not yet available for Desktop, to allow for a larger font size and change the font itself.

Not applicable

Thank you, Alexander.

Not applicable

Hi Alexander

Can I apply diffrent theme to diffrent apps?

if so, than how?

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Just to be clear, Theming has not shipped as a feature yet.
What was being discussed earlier in the thread was a sneak peak on what will be possible.

So no, currently there is no way of saving a theme against a app so that it's applied every time you open it.
Currently you will have to append /theme/<theme name> to the url every time you open the app in your browser.

Not applicable

Hi, TY,

I have the following url

where I append the theme

url:

https://qliksense.domain.local/sense/app/c84bb39a-bac0-45ef-87c1-4813d3983f6a/sheet/58021fe3-d074-44...

I appended it after app and I got the following ErrorTheme.png

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Open a app first and navigate to a sheet. Then append /theme// to the end of the full url.

In your screenshot it has managed to end up in the middle instead of the end.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Not applicable

Hi Michael,

Is it possible to change the look & feel of the filter dimensions, such as adding a border, etc?

Regards,

Manuel

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

This is very helpful. Thank you Alexander and Michael. Which version or when do we get this feature/functionality?

Cheers,

DV