cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III

Drill-Down & Cyclic Groups Preference

This is not a technical question, I’m just trying to gauge my perception of a what I personally refer to as a Qlikview design best practice.

I rarely use Drill-Down & Cyclic Groups.  They’re only used if the end-user is somewhat familiar with QV and available screen real estate demands it.  Otherwise, it’s list boxes.  My perception is that these groups are not very intuitive and I like to show needed metrics in one snapshot.  They’re not bad, by any means.  Just not my preference.

Hope this doesn’t feel like a waste of time to anyone.  If just a few people would post their preference, I would greatly appreciate it. A simple DDCG = Yes, or DDCG = No, is perfect  (DDCG = Drill Down Cyclic Groups).  Maybe I’m way out in left field and need to design differently moving forward.

Thanks! 

7 Replies
Not applicable

I vote for DDCG = Yes ..

maxgro
MVP
MVP

you can create a poll (Create Poll)

DDCG = Yes

jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you, dathu.qv.  I appreciate your opinion!

I want to add/clarify - My question relates to end-users only.  I.e., those who are not regular QV users.  Internal use...is a different story.

Not applicable

Ok Jason,..

Generally you can add Help tab on the dashboard to elaborate how to use Qlikview dashboard. Then new users will know some nice features. Other wise users always compare with excel file (mostly)

jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I tried to create a poll, but a 'Place' has to be selected, of which none are available to select.  I agree, a poll would be ideal.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

DDCG = Yes

Anonymous
Not applicable

DDCG = YES