Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I visualize multiple reporting lines and organization levels ?

I have been trying to graphically represent a data set which has name s of employees in rows with their department and related data in columns. In the columns there is also data on the reporting level (say N is the head of the organization, then N-2 all report to N and N-2 reports to N-1 level and so on. My data is on on single excel file. I was wondering how to build a  pyramidal graph where I can determine the span of control for each level etc., besides a overview of the levels. Can anyone help here  ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Karthikeyan. That is definitely one way to visualize and I will try that. However, I would still like a more bar -graph (pyramidal) so as to represent the organization better

View solution in original post

7 Replies
karthikeyan1504
Creator III
Creator III

Treemap should help you with the dimension of hierarchy categories...

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Karthikeyan. That is definitely one way to visualize and I will try that. However, I would still like a more bar -graph (pyramidal) so as to represent the organization better

karthikeyan1504
Creator III
Creator III

I understand you would like to have hierarchy tree which gives a top to bottom management herarchy, who is reporting to whom...

The visualisation is not readily availabe.. If i come across any extensions which depicts the same.. I will let you know.

Warm Regards,

Karthikeyan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Karthikeyan

marcus_sommer

Maybe this is helpful Organization Chart (Version 3) and I remember that there is some kind of orga-chart within the qlik demo-extensions which came by the installation.

- Marcus

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check this link, hope it helps you.

branch.qlik.com/projects/showthread.php?388-Orgchart-Extension-for-Sense

Regards,

jagan.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

here are a couple of extensions out there that might be useful to you.

Orgchart Extension for Sense

or

Chord Diagram

Regards

Andy