Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QA and PROD without Test Server License.

Hi All,

It would be of great help if anybody can send me screenshots of how we can check with QA and PROD without using Test Server License when we have the below configuration on infrastructure and license..

QA/Test : VM : 2 Server (1 app Server and 1 Publisher)

PROD :

License : QV Enterprise Server  License

VM : 2 Server (1 app Server and 1 Publisher)

13 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

of how we can check with

What kind of check do you want to do?

To check QlikView documents (.qvw) on QA/Test you need a license.

Not applicable
Author

We are not having Test Server License. In that Case If I am setting up an environment for QA/Test with VM's, can I install the Enterprise Server itself in separate VMs and mark it as testing and do if any issue management apart from PROD where we have again QV Server with VM.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Would like to rephrase the above query.

When we say as below :

Qlikview Enterprise Server         PROD                         QA

Single Server              Single Server

I have been offered like the above, Could you please let me know on this.

Not applicable
Author

Kindly Advise !!!

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You could do this, but you would have to have two Enterprise license to do it.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Cant we not have same enterprise server license in two different servers installed in VM.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

No, QVS will not allow this to happen and it would be a validation of the license agreement. One of the servers would go off duty and not work.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I guess Bill really meant to say "violation" iso validation.

For two separate QVS platforms, you need two licenses. The cheapest set of licenses consists of a regular server license and a test server license which would fit your environment.

If you include Publisher licenses, you can move them to their own separate machines (or VMs) as well, totalling 4 servers in all.

Peter

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Even VM Qlikview server also needed Enterprise license. As per my knowledge, we can not make VM servers QA and PROD.Thank you.