Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Management Console Install

Hi There,

I am trying to install the management console and am getting the below error.....any ideas on what I can do for this?

Thanks,

Aidan

Untitled.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What exactly did you do to get this message? Did you

• start the QlikView server installer, and it refuses to run by displaying this message?
  • start the QVManagementService.exe program by double-clicking it? You cannot start services this way.

You probably did the latter, as I get the same result when I double-click the executable on my laptop. A Windows Service cannot be started from the command line nor by launching it from Windows Explorer. After proper installation, you should use the services control panel to start a service (or reboot the machine as Bill suggested). To start the service manually, open the Windows start menu and enter services.msc in the search box. Select it from the results. In the services overview, scroll down until you encounter the QlikView Management Service entry.It the Status value doesn't already say "Started", right-click the entry and select Start from the menu.

Note that the QlikView Managemùent Console is not a regular windows application. It's just a web page that is generated by the QlikView Management Service. To use the QMC, you'll need a web browser and navigate to this url (change servername into the name of the machine where the service runs, or just localhost if you installed the service on your own machine):

http://servername:4780/qmc/default.htm

Peter

View solution in original post

7 Replies
kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

Can you attach bigger screenshot of this error? I can't see what is it saying...

Not applicable
Author

Cannot start service from command line or a debugger. A windows serverice muct first be installed (using installion.ext) and then started with the service explorer, windows service admioistrative on the net start command

kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

Did you check if you can run QMC service from the services.msc window?

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Aidan,

what steps are you following to install QMC?

Andy

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Did you reboot the server after the installation?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What exactly did you do to get this message? Did you

• start the QlikView server installer, and it refuses to run by displaying this message?
  • start the QVManagementService.exe program by double-clicking it? You cannot start services this way.

You probably did the latter, as I get the same result when I double-click the executable on my laptop. A Windows Service cannot be started from the command line nor by launching it from Windows Explorer. After proper installation, you should use the services control panel to start a service (or reboot the machine as Bill suggested). To start the service manually, open the Windows start menu and enter services.msc in the search box. Select it from the results. In the services overview, scroll down until you encounter the QlikView Management Service entry.It the Status value doesn't already say "Started", right-click the entry and select Start from the menu.

Note that the QlikView Managemùent Console is not a regular windows application. It's just a web page that is generated by the QlikView Management Service. To use the QMC, you'll need a web browser and navigate to this url (change servername into the name of the machine where the service runs, or just localhost if you installed the service on your own machine):

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter

The below worked perfect thanks for your help