Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting - possible to have chart in email body?

Hello,

We're about to purchase NPrinting and I am designing the email mockups at the moment.

Do I understand correctly that ANY element (e.g. charts, variables) can be added to a HTML report with NPrinting? And then that HTML report can be added to the email body?

In other words, are there any restrictions of what I can include in the email body compared to attached reports generated in NPrinting?

And can I add maps to the email body that I create with QV extensions?

Thanks a lot.

Fabian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

No. Any QlikView object which can be put into PPXT can also be put into HTML.

There are things you could create in a PPTX report which you can't create in an HTML report. For instance in PPTX, you can populate a PPTX chart with data from QlikView. There's no way to do anything like that in HTML. This is a PPTX feature, however, so it's not really an NPrinting limitation.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Fabian,

Anything that you can add to an HTML report can then be embedded in the email body which is sent to recipients.

You can also put variables directly into the email message without building an HTML report first.

You can also embed any output in PNG format into an email (for instance you can make a "qlikview entity report" from a single chart and then embed that into the email message).

Extension objects are currently not supported in any NPrinting reports, so they can't be embedded into the email or put into reports.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Aran for the detailed answer.

Are there items (esp. charts) I couldn't add to a HTML report that I could add to a - let's say - PPT attachment?

Not applicable
Author

No. Any QlikView object which can be put into PPXT can also be put into HTML.

There are things you could create in a PPTX report which you can't create in an HTML report. For instance in PPTX, you can populate a PPTX chart with data from QlikView. There's no way to do anything like that in HTML. This is a PPTX feature, however, so it's not really an NPrinting limitation.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot again.