Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Embed Mashup in Web Page

Hi All,

I am new to qlik sense. I currently make use of the desktop version. I created some charts and embeded them in a mashup that I created from scratch. I tried to include it in a webpage, and was successful in doing that. The challenge I now have has to do with selection. The chart is being populated by some site data. In my web page, there is a user login, and once a user logs in, it shows only details and sites of that user. I however want to restrict the sites populating these charts in the mashup based on the user login, but I am unable to do so. I am not sure if I need to do it from the web page programming side or from the qlik sense workbench. I have tried to use the select method (App.field.Select) but all to no avail. I would appreciate your help on this. I have also tried to pass session values from my web page through the link in the Iframe, but these all don't work.

Thanks.

Kunbi.

36 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jeffrey, I got around with the ticketing thingy and it now works. I now have a new challenge. I need users to be able to do a bookmark of their selections, so that when next they login, they can just call the bookmark. Please how do I do this in mashups, i tried a method I saw online but it didn't work for me.

Not applicable
Author

Adekunbi,

I'm going to teach you fish at this point.  What you seek is located here: http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-us/developer/#../Subsystems/APIs/Content/MashupAPI/qlik-bookmark-i...

There are some simple samples here that will get you going.

In addition, I believe your original question for this thread has been answered.  Please mark helpful and/or answered to the responses in this thread related to your original question.  If you continue to have questions about bookmarks, please create a new question related to that topic to allow other community members to benefit from your query on a specific subject.

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jeffrey, I had checked and used the API, but it didn't work neither did it throw an error, so I guess I don't still know how to use it.

Not applicable
Author

I understand.  I recommend asking a new question about the bookmark capability with the mashup api.  I'm working on a webinar right now and I'm going to try it out and hopefully highlight that capability.

Stay tuned!

jg

Not applicable
Author

Yes I have asked the question as a new discussion.

Not applicable
Author

Okay I look forward to the webinar.

srilakshmi_as
Creator
Creator

sorry for taking the space here..i have the same requirement

but how can i write the code in webpage for calling qliksense objects..and which kind of code you used to achieve the above

I mean how can you include those mash ups in a webpage..kindly share the code/process

Thanks in advance