Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adjusting the size of a chart in Nprinting PPT template

Hi,

I am currently building a PPT report in NPrinting for the very first time.

This issue that I am having is that when I drag a chart object from the IMAGE node on the left panel and drop them onto the slide, the size of the chart will become exactly the same as how it is on the qvw.

Is there any way how such graphs can be 'dynamically' resized in the same way that they can be resized from qlikview rather then the 'static' resizing like an actual image.

To work around this problem, I tried to Create a PowerPoint Chart using Native QlikView Tables as explained in How to Create a PowerPoint Chart using Native QlikView Tables – Customer Feedback for Vizubi. However due to the complexity of the charts that I have, such as multiple dimensions and como charts, I am finding this alternative almost impossible .

Thanks

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The stretch option may be of use but it is not as dynmic as what you are looking for.  You can use the obtion to define the total area, jsut the lenght or jsut the height

refer to the following for further information

Image Dimension Management in Microsoft Office Reports – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Not applicable
Author

What is your objective:

1. Have charts expand/contract dynamically according to how much data is in the chart
  2. Set the size of the chart to some size which is different than the size in the QVW
  3. Something else?

Best

Aran

Not applicable
Author

Hi Aran,

I think if I have to choose, I choose (2). I want my chart to be of a different size than the size in the QVW. Example: I the qvd I have some charts that are quite big to fit in a PPT slide. Of course such charts need to be scaled accordingly to maintain a good looking report.

Now, if you import the chart object as an image, obviously it will scale as a static image. This will present a problem. For instance, if I scale a graph to 1/3 of it original size, even the lables etc. will be scaled to 1/3 of the original size. What I did to prevent this problem is to first scale the graph on qlikview to the required size and then import the image into the nprinting report.

However, I believe that there exist a better way how to work around this issue.

Sorry but I just started using nprinting!

I hope that I am clearer about what I want to achieve! 

Stephen_Jasionowski

Matthew -

Another possibility is creating a native Office chart inside the PPT template using the same data that populates the object in the QVW. Instead of adding the object as an Image, add it as a Table. This will give you access to all the data behind the chart, and also the ability selectively pick and choose which column(s) you want represented in the report.

From there, the process is generally the same as chart creation inside PowerPoint. For more detail around this option, see the following: How to Create a PowerPoint Chart using Native QlikView Tables – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

While there may be some leg work involved in setting up the chart in PowerPoint, ultimately the image quality will be better and will allow you to format as you want in PowerPoint, independent of the size/formatting in QV.

Not applicable
Author

Matthew,

To resize the image of a chart you pull in from QlikView in PPTX:

1. Open the template editor.
  2. Insert the image you want
  3. Select and drag the corner of the image to set the appropriate size; don't use the sides as this will change the aspect ratio of the image (NPrinting will then revert to a size with the original aspect ratio when the report is generated)