Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to bookmark Selection on Mashup Page

Hi,

I have a web page with a dashboard format visualizing different graphs from qliksense via mashup. I need users to be able to do a bookmark of their selections, so that when next they login, they can just call the bookmark. Please how do I do this in mashups, I tried a method I saw online but it didn't work for me. I have also tried to use the bookmark api, all to no avail.

23 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply. I will go through the options and apply them. However I like to ask if this works on qlik sense desktop as I prefer to test on the desktop verison before moving it the server version.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Oh yes, all of our APIs works in both Desktop and Server.

The only difference for the Mashup API is that you will have to change the app name/id once you deploy your Mashup to a server setup.

This section of the documentation contains got information on what you would have to change when you point your mashup to a Server instead of Desktop https://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-us/developer/Subsystems/Mashups/Content/mashups-getting-started.h...

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I already have a working mashups based on the qlik sense server version. So I have done all those changes.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Awesome, then you are good to go. No other changes will be needed to swtich between Desktop and Server from a code perspective.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I just hope I get done with this bookmark issue I have been on it for months and I kept pushing it away, but now I need to do it . I will let you know how it goes.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Sounds good, feel free to send me an email at akl@qlik.com if you need another set of eyes to look over the code.

Not applicable
Author

Okay. Thank you so much.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have a question for akl how you can paint the list to your page? I am trying to follow what you have said in your post and I am having impediments on this step. Could you help me to solve it?

Thank you very much

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

I would suggest you open a new thread in the Integration and Extension sub-section of Qlik Community (Qlik Sense - Integration, Extensions and APIs) and describe where you get stuck, which piece of code is not working etc

Not applicable
Author

Hi akl, thanl you for your answer.

The point is that I am stuck in the step 2 that you had described. My knowledge of html and JS is really limited. So if you could provide me an example in order to paint my bookmark list in my page I would be really appreciated.

This is my email: fontanet.dani@gmail.con

Thank you in advance Alexander.