Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeremy_fourman
Creator
Creator

DD - Measure Field returning NULL

Hello All -

ODBC connection.

Although my need is larger I have skinnied this down to a straight table with 1 dimension and 1 measure, the measure is sum(FIELD).

Reload works fine and on state change I can utilize an ODBC trace I can see that the generated SQL is produced properly and when I execute the generated SQL directly against the database the correct totals are produced.

I can also add a table box that contains only the measure field and I see values returned to the UI. Listboxes with dimensions seem correct. I can replace SUM(FIELD) with MAX(FIELD) and it gives me the largest value from the returned rows but SUM(FIELD) does not total and only produces NULL.

Any ideas?

TIA

-Jeremy

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

What if you specify to QlikView what the field is:

Num#(FIELD, 'Format') as FIELD

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been dabbling a bit with DD mostly on trial and error basis so I _can_ be fishing in the wrong pond here...

My discoveries (pun intended) is that you have to aggregate. A measure does not seem to be able to have multiple values (be on several lines). That's why it works when using max() as Max() gives you one value only.

I'm sorry if I'm not very clear, but I don't quite understand this enough to express myself clearer. 🙂 For what it's worth, I hope this helps.

Maybe you need to sum the lines in the db using native (sql) commands.