Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

List of all Pivot Tables and Diagrams in a qvw-file with Hyperlink to that report

Hi everybody,

We have a very big Qlikview-Modell. Now I need on the Startpage a List of all Pivot-Tables and Diagrams.

(Something like the worksheet-list in the Properties-Section under Sheets)

I need to create a quick-link-List to some of the reports, so that our users find their need reports more quick than now.

I hope somebody of you can help me.

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can retrieve this information from the .qvw file itself by using it as an xml file source. You can use this to create a table with the objects. You can't create hyperlinks to objects. But it is possible to use Activate Sheet actions to move to the right sheet and/or show/hide objects based on the selection you make in the objects table.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Christian,

you could also use Setting  > Document Properties Sheets, select the required Sheets, Export Structure, open the resulting tab delimited file in exceland you get the detail you require, example attached.

Not applicable
Author

Good Morning Andrew,

thanks for that info. I did it and it was a help to see that somewhere this info is saved.

But where (i.e. in the qvw-file (Script --> table --> choose qvw-file -->click on Datatype XML) or other source) can I find a field with the info, that a sheet is hidden. he DocumentProperties must get this info from somewhere to Show it.

I Need it automatically in the script, because Users are only allowed to see Contents from not hidden scripts.

Therefore this info should be loaded automatically.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Chris

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I dont think the XML embedded in the qvw file contains that information (or at least i could not find it when I looked). If you create a -prj project folder, the information will be in one of the xml files saved in the project folder when the qvw is updated/saved (perhaps Qlikview.xml).

But you probably don't want to use a -prj folder in a production environment...

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

exactly. That is it. I Need just the source of that Information directly from QV to load it with the script as a field.

And honestly, I think it cant be that difficult for Qlikview to include one Information that is already in there into the Script.

Am I wrong?

Chris