Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

two selection at a time in two list box

I have a requirement. It seems to be strange but need your suggestion if it is doable.

Please find  the attached qlikview file, when user select 9/4/2015 in Date list box Month May is grayed out as data is not there.

But my requirement is if user select 9/4/2015 in Date and May in month list box chart should show no data to display.

But basically in qlikview if we select May in month filter, previous Date filter selection will get clear and it will display May month for the Date that are available.

Is it possible to select two selection at a time like 9/4/2015 and May in month so that it displays no data,

or is it possible whenever he select month after Date , Date selection will not get clear??Any work around we can do?

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Missed the atachment.its here

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Qlikview does not allow inconsistent and conflicting selections, such as date and month selections that do not overlap. So it is not possible to simply make selections in the way you describe.

It is possible to use set analysis to force a particular date or month in spite of selections and if they are mutually exclusive, the chart or table will show "No data to display". It is also possible to enter a date or month value into a variable that does not match the other selections. You can then use this variable in an expression or dimension.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The other option is to make the selection in different alternate states. I did not include that in my first reply because I did not think that is the correct solution for you. Alternate States are designed to allow simplify comparative analysis.

But if you want to research more, search for the community for Alternate States.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein