Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Converting Xls into Qlikview readable format

I am trying to convert this table in to a qlikview readable format. I have to upload this in the QVW and convert into qvd or csv. Please, help me with this.

6 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The data can be brought into QlikView in a number of ways with a Load Script.

To be able to give you sound advice you need to tell us how you really need the data to be in the QVD or CSV format file(s). Can you leave it exactly like it is in Excel or do you need to transform it in any way?

1) It could be read as is - which means that the structure of the data is unchanged from this report oriented format. This is rather unpractical if you want to do some analysis or further enrichment of the data from other sources.

2) You can restructure the data as it is read in the load script so it turns into a more optimal format for analysis and building an application.

Then the most convenient way is to change the month columns into rows by using a CROSSTABLE LOAD to

"unpivot" the columns into more rows.

Since these are multiple tables using multiple CROSSTABLE LOAD statements would be necessary to get all of the data in correctly.

You can use the LOAD SCRIPT editor and the Table Files wizard to bring in the data this way.

3) You can use one or more STORE statements at the end of the load script to produce either CSV-files or QVD-files.

alibd225
Creator
Creator

you have to click Enable Transformation Step...

and load crosstable script after your necessary step

CrossTable(PaperName, Quantity, 2)

LOAD * FROM

[Test.xls]

(biff, embedded labels, table is Day_1$, filters(

Remove(Row, RowCnd(CellValue, 1, StrCnd(null))),

Remove(Row, RowCnd(CellValue, 1, StrCnd(equal, 'Total'))),

Remove(Row, Pos(Top, 1)),

Remove(Col, Pos(Top, 1))

));

ping.png

Kushal_Chawda

How you want to transform the data?

Do you want to load the data as it is like excel?

What will be the expected output you need?

Provide sample excel also to work on it

Not applicable
Author

Thank you everyone.  Cross table functionality helped me  achieve the desired result.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You are welcome

Please close this thread by marking it as answered on the most "correct" suggestion. It is also nice to mark some suggestions or hints as helpful.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi Dilip,

Please close the thread by selecting Helpful/Correct Answer. Thank you.