Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bug Where Exists (2.0.2)

I get 0 rows if I load a master calender with a script and then try to load a qvd with Where Exists(date_key). It works in Qlik Sense Desktop but not on Qlik Sense Server. No rows are loaded.

If I add an inline table with some random dates between the master calender and qvd load it works. Why is that?

This is what the code looks like

Call Calendar(params);

test_dates:

LOAD * INLINE [

date_key,

'2013-08-01',

'2015-08-01',

'2015-08-02',

'2016-01-01'

]

WHERE Exists(date_key)

;

Fact:

LOAD *

FROM [lib]

(qvd)

WHERE Exists(date_key);

7 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Have you reported it to support?

Edit: Just in case, Qlik Support - Business Intelligence (BI) Reporting Software Solutions | Qlik

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Have you checked if it's the same data format?

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Is there a way to check what format they are in Qlik Sense?

When I inspect the field in the data model viewer it says $date on both fields if I load the separately. And the sample data showing is in 'YYYY-MM-DD'.

From the load script

SET DateFormat='YYYY-MM-DD';

This how the date_key is generated in the Calendar function

Date($(startDate) + IterNo() - 1) as date_key

And the QVD is loaded from a SQL Database with this date format 'YYYY-MM-DD'

If I load the QVD without the Exists I can select on fields of the Calendar, so the fields seem to join fine.

I will report this to the support on Monday.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Awesome, thanks!

Lots of time bugs are found and posted onto Community but if they aren't reported to support we have no way of funneling them back into R&D to be fixed.

Not applicable
Author

Can't report to support. There is no Create New case button. Any clues? I have an active license.

Not applicable
Author

Seems to only apply to number or date fields. I have another field with order_key that doesn't work with either. But if the key is a string then it seems to work.

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Karl,

I'm using 2.1 and also noted a different behavior between desktop and server whith   the EXISTS clause. In some cases the workaround  for this problem was use the LEFT KEEP prefix, so removing the records after load.

Could not have time to stop and figure out what is going on but your issue show me a clue, to create a test case and open a support case.