Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar graph, bar formation question.

Hi guys, the following question regarding bar charts. In the example below you can see two different graphs, in the first one I define a bar for the WeekDays of months. Now what I want is the propety of the last bar chart. I want the red and black bar next to each other.

But in the first graph they are stacked, I do not want that.

But I cannot get it right, any suggestions?

Dimensions:

1)    TaskPerfWeekDay

2)  =if(match(TaskPerfMonth,'Apr','May','Jun','Jul','Aug','Sep','Oct'), TaskPerfMonth)

barchar.png

11 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Kindly provide your sample data.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Goto Chart properties - style tab and select group radio button under subtype

Not applicable
Author

There is no such button under subtype. Only grouped and stacked. And it does not affect the chart.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

its typo error

Check Grouped button.

Not applicable
Author

Okay, yes grouped does not change this behaviour.

I have two expresions:

1)  =Sum({<operator={'AAA'}>} aggr(sum(total_hours),ac_registr,TaskPerfDay, TaskPerfMonth))/24

2)  Sum({<operator={'BBB'}>} aggr(sum(total_hours),ac_registr,TaskPerfDay, TaskPerfMonth))/24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Add an expression,it will work

if expression is already there,select grouped and click apply

Not applicable
Author

I have other graphs where it does work, as long I have just one dimension. As soon as I add a second diminesion:

=if(match(TaskPerfMonth,'Apr','May','Jun','Jul','Aug','Sep','Oct'), TaskPerfMonth)

The bars do not group anymore...

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Barchart will not group as per your requirement when you have 2 dimensions and 2 expressions.

If you want to achieve the grouping the try to convert the chart into either 1 dimension 2 expression or 2 dimension 1 expression.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Okay thank you will give it a try