Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliknerd
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue with Index Functions (Index.qvs)

Hi

I am testing out the Index Functions as per the QDF Development Guide v1.5

1) On page 31 the script is referred to as 13.Index.qds whereas the available script in QDF is 12.Index.qds

2) The actual script itself fails to run and I think the issue relates to the generation of the tmpTable.

When I load this script into the editor and check the Inline code, the columns do not appear to match up, possibly due to the additional commas here: ,',$(vL._TAG),',

[___vL.tmpTable]:

LOAD * INLINE [QVDFileName,QVTableName,QVDSourcePath,QVDSourceContainerName,RelativePath,QVDTag,QVDIndexStorageName,QVDTimestamp,QVDFields,QVDTableCreator,QVDNbrRecords,QVDNbrFields

'$(vL._QVDFileName)','$(vL._QVTableName)','$(vL._IndexQVD)','$(vL.ContainerPathName)','$(vL.RelativePath)',',$(vL._TAG),','$(vL._IndexFolderName)','$(vL.__FileTime)','$(vL.__Fields)','$(vL._QVTableCreator)','$(vL._QVNoRows)','$(vL._QVNofields)'];

Also, some of the 12.Index.qds scripts within our deployment the headers are missing from the script which could be due to a previous version of the QDF. I thought script updates would be handled by the Deployment Tool?

[___vL.tmpTable]:

LOAD * INLINE [$(vL._QVDFileName),$(vL._QVTableName),$(vL._IndexQVD)\,$(vL.ContainerPathName),$(vL.RelativePath)\,',$(vL._TAG),',$(vL._IndexFolderName),$(vL.__FileTime),'$(vL.__Fields)',$(vL._QVTableCreator),$(vL._QVNoRows),$(vL._QVNofields)];

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi qliknerd, Sorry for late reply i've been on holiday. There was some bugs in the initial Index release that have been fixed try this first.Download the latest deploy tool and upgrade your QDF according the ReadMe.pdf file. the Deploy Tool handles the upgrade only if you have QlikView installed on the same computer that is running the tool, else you need to activate the upgrade later by opening the Variable Editor application, and go into the settings tab.

Best regards

Magnus

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi qliknerd, Sorry for late reply i've been on holiday. There was some bugs in the initial Index release that have been fixed try this first.Download the latest deploy tool and upgrade your QDF according the ReadMe.pdf file. the Deploy Tool handles the upgrade only if you have QlikView installed on the same computer that is running the tool, else you need to activate the upgrade later by opening the Variable Editor application, and go into the settings tab.

Best regards

Magnus

qliknerd
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This seems to have fixed the issue Magnus, thanks. Hope you enjoyed your holiday 😉

I am just getting my head around the Index functions and they are quite a powerful set of functions, well done!

Not applicable

Hi,

I'm getting the error with the latest deployment framework version

2015-08-24_164838.png

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Konstantins, it's difficult to find a reason for your error without more information, like the script you are running and the log file. Best regards /Magnus

Not applicable

I've added  app and log files

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi, you need to use the Global variable name in the function:

Call IndexAdd(‘vG.QVDPath\Log.qvd’); should be:

Call IndexAdd(‘$(vG.QVDPath)Log.qvd’);

In the log we actually get a quite good message from the framework:

### DF Warning unable to identify table _tmp_DoDir, probably no files exist or wrong function settings used.

Hope that this helps.

regards

Magnus

Not applicable

Thanks it works!