Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Shared Server Bookmarks - disabled

The option to "Share Bookmark with Other Users" is disabled/dimmed (for both IE plug-in and the Ajax client).  I'm working to resolve why this option is not available for selection.  I'm able to create a Server bookmark, but just cannot share it.

sharebookmark.png

This is a QlikView Server, version 10 sp2.

Console option to "Allow server objects" is enabled, but "Allow anonymous server bookmarks" disalbed (all users are authenticated on the domain).

Document property option to "Allow server bookmarks" is enabled.

Any ideas on why the option to Share Bookmark is not available?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

This is resolved.

I found that in order for the Share option to be available, I must enable the Document option to "Allow Server Objects" (in addition to the already enabled option to "Allow Server Bookmarks").

Note that according to the reference manual, the option for Server Objects should goven only sheet objects (which makes sense).  But in our installation, this had to be enabled else the server bookmarks could not be shared.

From the Reference Manual for "Allow Server Objects"

This check box must be enabled, if remote clients are to be allowed to create and share sheet objects with this document on the QlikView Server.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

This is resolved.

I found that in order for the Share option to be available, I must enable the Document option to "Allow Server Objects" (in addition to the already enabled option to "Allow Server Bookmarks").

Note that according to the reference manual, the option for Server Objects should goven only sheet objects (which makes sense).  But in our installation, this had to be enabled else the server bookmarks could not be shared.

From the Reference Manual for "Allow Server Objects"

This check box must be enabled, if remote clients are to be allowed to create and share sheet objects with this document on the QlikView Server.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anyone know if this is a bug that is being worked on?  We are still experiencing this in QV10 SR3.   We want to allow users to share bookmarks, but we do not want them creating objects on the server.   The settings worked fiine in QV9.

Thanks,

JS

Not applicable
Author

Hi Donald,

Whatever changes that you mentioned they are not helping me enable "Share Bookmark with Other Users" check box.

If there any other way to turn on bookmark sharing and session collaboration for a particular dashboard.

qlikacct20
Contributor
Contributor

Where is allow server objects at?