Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculation Condition for Sense Extension

What is the proper method for adding a calculation condition to the property panel of a Qlik Sense visualization extension?

The Qlik Sense for Developers help document states that the Add-ons properties section may be reused and includes:

• Data handling (section)
  • Reference lines (section)

The data handling section includes two properties:

• Show zero values (boolean)
  • Calculation condition (expression)

I have tried to reuse the entire predefined Add-ons section in my extension by adding the following code to the properties panel definition:

addons: {

uses: "addons"
}

However, when the Add-ons section is expanded, none of the predefined sections or properties are visible:

empty_addons.PNG

Am I missing something here?

Also, is it possible to add only the calculation condition property itself, without it having to be contained within the data handling and Add-ons sections?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

As Stefan said it's not officially supported so this might break in the future but this is how you get access to both ref lines and calculation conditions. Use at your own risk, not covered by support agreements etc

uses: "addons",

items: {

dataHandling: {

uses: "dataHandling"

}

}

}

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Unfortunately this is not officially supported in visualization extensions right now, but we are looking into it to fill this gap!

Regards

Stefan

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

As Stefan said it's not officially supported so this might break in the future but this is how you get access to both ref lines and calculation conditions. Use at your own risk, not covered by support agreements etc

uses: "addons",

items: {

dataHandling: {

uses: "dataHandling"

}

}

}

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Stefan.  I look forward to seeing support for this in the future.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Alexander.  I'll try this to see how my extension works with a calculation condition until it's officially supported.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

I use it in this extension, mindspank/AnimatedScatterPlot · GitHub, and haven't run into any issues yet.

Not sure how it would behave itself if you are doing a angular based extension.

Not applicable
Author

That's good to know.  I'm not using Angular for the extension, just the paint method, so it should be fine.