Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Transferring user created objects to another user in qlikview

Hi,

I have a user who created some objects from the access point in qlikview. He wants to transfer those objects to another user. Since he is moving to a different company his user account will be deactivated. Is it possible to transfer these objects to a different user by copying certain properties related to these user in the shared file? If not, is there someother way to do this? Please help.

23 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can use the QEMC to do this.

Go to QEMC -> User Management -> Search for that user -> Select User -> Go to Server Objects -> Click on the chart you want to allocate to other user -> Click on the Image shown to the right of that chart name -> Ass the user to whom you want to share with -> Click Apply. Done

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply. We are not using publisher. I'm not sure if we have the QEMC option available without configuring the publisher. Sorry I dont have access to our qlikview server.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

QEMC is an interface through which you do all settings. Even if you the only server, you will have QEMC on your server.

Get in touch with your QlikView Admin to access it and do this setting.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I will do this.

Not applicable
Author

I'm assuming that I should be able to do the same thing for a sheet that the user created. For instance if the user created a new sheet and has 3 objects in it, if I share the share the objects will be automatically shared correct?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Yes there is a way, you need to open application in your desktop via file open in server option.

Follow below post

http://community.qlik.com/thread/137680

I'm sure it will resolve your issue.

Regards

ASHFAQ

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Preethi,

No it wont share the sheet along with objects, you will have to individually share them.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kaushik. We will try it and I will let you know how it goes. We also have section access implemented in this qlikview dashboard. But both the users have same access. So I'm assuming it should be ok.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sure.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki