Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Re : Application not showing in Accesspoint

Hello All,

I have an application which is deployed in sever. it was working fine and we upgraded the server and re installed the qlikview server and applied license. and i have given the folders and scheduled reload. in my document we have done section access based on NTNAME.

i have assigned 8 user cals. and for the document 3 document cals. it is showing there are 115 cals assigned out of 420.

but i am not able to access the documnt in access point.

attached the screenshot of QMC

10 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Reena,

Normally if the application has section access applied and it is not showing for users in the access point, there is an issue with section access. Which means the server doesn't see their user ID in section access and so it will not show the document.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

"upgraded the server", does that mean you have a new machine running the QlikView services? Are you using the same account for running the QlikView services? Did you reload all your documents a first time? Did that work out well? Is everybody having this problem, or just you? Are you sure your NTNAME is listed in the Section Access table?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Reena,

Do you have functional Id's listed in section access which is running the task?

Not applicable
Author

hi all.,

the windows server has upgraded and i have installed the server with the same name.

application is reloading fine and without section access i can access the app from access point.

is that issue because i am creating users on custom directory?? since my section access is on NTNAME??

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, NTNAME  is based on Windows login and not custom users.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Ok thanks Bill..

so wat i have to do to create users on active directory?? please explain.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hmm, HIC says something different in his blog post: A Primer on Section Access

"NTNAME is the field used to match an authenticated user – also if you set up ticketing using other authentication mechanisms than Windows integrated security."

It seems as if NTNAME will be used with the authentication mechanism-du-jour. This is a statement that - in the current context - can be explained in a lot of different ways... How should we read this?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Reena,

I would believe that the logins are already created being you login into your computer. You would have to change the QV setup back to this and then the users would login with domain name and password.

Bill

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Reena - Go to computer management or type mmc compmgmt.msc as run command. Then go to Local Users and Groups to add users.

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com