Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Enable QV Document Administrators access to "Section Access Managment"

Hi,

Is there a way to enable QlikView Document Administrators access to the QMC section: Users --> Section Access Management?

QMC_SAM.png

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Not using standard QMC tools (just Status and Documents are available)

You could rewrite the QMC code however. It's just JavaScript

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Fredrik,

I think the reason for that is security. If I can see the section access, I can get into the document.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

... but if there was an option to add a document administrator to a specific Section Access table within the Publisher, the doc. admin could manage the user access only for his/her apps. I mean, it's possible for a document admin to add users to a normal distribution task, but it's not possible to manage section access.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

True.

I guess that it is like that because, unlike Section Access in a document, Section Access in the Publisher defines global tables that are not linked to any document at all. Granting access to Document administrators would suddenly give them access to permission tables that are used by more documents than just the ones they are allowed to manage. QMC has no idea which documents are using a particular Section Access table in Publisher.

Peter