cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markmccoid
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Scheduling a job to run only on week days

I need to schedule a job to run only on the week days. I don't have a publisher license and was hoping there was some way to do it via QVS and not have to resort to a batch file and windows scheduler.

I've been through all the options in QVS's reload panel and can't figure out any way to do this.

Has anyone else cracked this nut?

Thanks for any info!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
markmccoid
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Since it doesn't look like there is native functionality to do this I came up this work around in case anyone else needs to do something like this.

I created a QVW file called Preloader.QVW which is going to be the scheduled to load every day at 4AM.

The script for this file is:

IF Match(WeekDay(today()), 'Mon', 'Tue', 'Wed', 'Thu', 'Fri') > 0 THEN
Exit Script;
ELSE
LOAD
X
Resident IDontExist;
END IF

My file that I only want to run M-F will be set to load only when the Preloader.QVW file finishes successfully. The file I want to run on Sat, Sun will be set to load only when the Preloader.QVW file fails.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
markmccoid
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Since it doesn't look like there is native functionality to do this I came up this work around in case anyone else needs to do something like this.

I created a QVW file called Preloader.QVW which is going to be the scheduled to load every day at 4AM.

The script for this file is:

IF Match(WeekDay(today()), 'Mon', 'Tue', 'Wed', 'Thu', 'Fri') > 0 THEN
Exit Script;
ELSE
LOAD
X
Resident IDontExist;
END IF

My file that I only want to run M-F will be set to load only when the Preloader.QVW file finishes successfully. The file I want to run on Sat, Sun will be set to load only when the Preloader.QVW file fails.

Hope this helps.