Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Date restricted load

I am trying to reduce the data loaded from a table using the date field within it.

To avoid links to other tables using the same field name I have qualified the table but I think this is causing me the issue with my where statement.

Table is named SalesOrderLinesHistory (original table is orddeth)

Field is o-date (so appears as SalesOrderLinesHistory.o-date in the Qlik table view)

Qlik table shows SalesOrderLinesHistory.o-date column is formatted correctly as dd/mm/yyyy

ATTEMPT 1

I added WHERE "o-date" >= Date(27/04/2013);

after the FROM PUB.orddeth statement but I get the error:

SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 4294757240, ErrorMsg: [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver][OPENEDGE]Syntax error in SQL statement at or about "Date(27/04/2013)" (10713)

ATTEMPT 2

I added WHERE "o-date" >= 27/04/2013;

after the FROM PUB.orddeth statement but I get the error:

SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 4294947288, ErrorMsg: [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver][OPENEDGE]Inconsistent types (7481)

5 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Have you tried with single quotes like:

WHERE o-date >= '27/04/2013' ;                    ?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

This error is related to the SQL syntax.

You must look at the SQL functions which will convert the text into date and then you can use that in SQL select statement.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Can you elaborate please Kaushik ?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for tresesco but I still get an error.

I believe the o-date field maybe loaded as text so the criteria may not be working.

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

use a variable

set x="Date(Date#('27/04/2013','DD/MM/YYYY'),'DD/MM/YYYY')";

WHERE o-date>='$(x)';

hth

Sasi