Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Show money values in billions as abbreviated decimal value

Hello my qlikview friends.  I would like to know if it is possible to abbreviate the values on the Y-axis in a chart in millions and billions as, for example, instead of $100,000,000 as $100M, or $1,100,000,000 as $1.1B?

6 Replies
chaper
Creator III
Creator III

Num(value/1000000, '###.##') & 'M' or you can change the number format as Million or Billion as below

Capture.JPG

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Go to Numbers Tab on your chart properties and look at the right side bottom.

You can give the symbols for Millions and Billions.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you both for the quick replies.  Is it possible to only have an abbreviated number in the axis but not the actual values on the data labels of a line chart.  I want to show the line chart label values as they actually are, but abbreviate the axis values.

Not applicable
Author

The number tab will allow you to define abbreviations and symbols for your currency, as well as Thousands, Millions, and Billions.  The Axis is adjusted accordingly based on which abbreviations you use.  For US Dollars, the abbreviations I use for all of the denominations are $, $K, $M, $B

Not applicable
Author

The axis will scale on abbreviation and the hover value is based on the number format defined

chaper
Creator III
Creator III

Other way around is Duplicate the same expression and display it as Text as Pop-Up and in number show it as expression default.So the axis number is abbreviated and popup will show the original value when you hover over the data point.Capture.JPG