Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Transferring user created objects to another user in qlikview

Hi,

I have a user who created some objects from the access point in qlikview. He wants to transfer those objects to another user. Since he is moving to a different company his user account will be deactivated. Is it possible to transfer these objects to a different user by copying certain properties related to these user in the shared file? If not, is there someother way to do this? Please help.

23 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

Thanks for your reply. I'm planning to try this out today and see if this helps as well.

Not applicable
Author

I tested this with one of our test dashboards and it worked.But I do have a question. How does it work license wise? In the sense , when I tested I used my credentials and one of my collegues and we both have named licenses. But the users that I'm trying to transfer between have doc licenses. I know I will be acquiring 2 doc licenses when I open both of theirs as "open in server". But when I close them will I relinquish the licenses automatically, or is there like a 15 min window or something before the license gets freed up?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

With the method I proposed.

Your object will be visible globally.

and it will be visible for all.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

well it depends on how you do it.

If you do"open in server" and give a specific credential , copy the objects from that user and then paste it against the published qlikview, then yes it will be visible to everyone.

But,

if you do "open in server" and give a specific credential, copy the objects from that user and then "open in server" , give another credential and paste the copied objects to this "other user" , then it will only be visible for this other user, not to everyone.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

The qlikview admin tried to do it. He said he followed my steps, but he also mentioned that there is only a replace option for the"owner" against the object. I looked at the screenshot and it seems like when a user creates some objects, they all are stored as a Bookmark together in the server. I'm wondering if they will be stored individually as well. For example, as a user I'm creating a textbox and a list box in the accesspoint. From what I can see from the screenshots, they are stored together under one bookmark in the server. What if I want to only share the text box and not the list box? Will I still be able to see the objects seperately, so I can share them seperately?

Not applicable
Author

I do have another update. When the qlikview admin shared the bookmark, it only shared the sheet and not the object in it. I'm talking to him tomorrow and going to understand what he is doing exactly.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

I did talk to the qlikview admin and we both tried it. Even when I change the owner of the object it is still not showing up in the new owner's sheet. Do I have to do anything else for it to show up?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Preethi,

The shared objects will not come by default on the sheet.

Once the objects are shared they will become a part of the Repository. On your browser when you open the report then on top tool bar look for the repository and click on that. Once you click on that, it will show you the list of objects, scroll down below and you will see the shared objects. From here you will have to drag and drop the objects on your sheet to use them.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

That is with shared objects right. In this case I actually changed the owner for those objects to be the new user. So even then it has be dragged from the repository? Is there any way this can be done from QMC? The reason I'm asking is because we don't have AJAX client and from what I read the repository can be viewed only from AJAX client. We use Firefox and Chrome to access accesspoint.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Dear Preethi,

Yes you are right, sharing and transfering the objects works same way, you will have to drag and drop them on sheet manually.

Not as far as Ajax is concern all browser uses the Ajax client, only IE has a plugin, but which will be enabled only after you download the plugin.

So to answer your doubt, you should be able to see the repository from any browser.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!