Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Always show full dates in QlikSense

Hi,

I'm using QlikSense version 1.01

I have a line graph showing data over time - I had a few days where there was no data so I've created a calendar in the load script to show all dates and the general graph now works fine.

However as soon as I add any other dimensions, or filter on any other fields only the dates that have data for that field are shown - so the line graph again has missing dates and the dates are not spaced correctly. Is there any way around this?

Basically i want to keep the same full time line on my x-axis whatever values are shown/selected

Thanks

5 Replies
Alvaro_Palacios
Support
Support

Hi HC,

Try to use Date & Time items under the Fields tab in Sense. Follow the instructions in this post to know how to create them: Qlik Sense – Date & Time

If you want to stick to you calendar in the load script then could you upload your .qvf so that I can look into it?

Regards,

Alvaro P.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply. However I think the version I'm using is too old for Date and Time items.

I'm using a calendar:

LET NumOfDays = End-Start +1;

Date_src:

Load

$(Start) + Rowno()-1 as DateId

Autogenerate $(NumOfDays)

Calendar:

LOAD

DateId,

date(DateId) as Date,

RESIDENT Date_src

Drop Table Date_src

Is there any way to modify this so that it will work?

Thanks for you help

Not applicable
Author

I had a similar issue two months ago.

See: Keep dimension on chart

I hope it helps,

Estela

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Estela, seems like exactly the same issue, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm finding a lot of the data is not being counted this way. I'm not sure why!

Not applicable
Author

Hi H C,

Could you please share your data model and some prints of the chart?