Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Monitoring apps no new data

My monitoring apps only show user data from the 21/8.

This is from the reload log

2015-08-26 08:04:42 0292      trace lib://ServerLogFolder/Engine\Trace\BIG-04_Session_Engine.txt skipped (previously loaded)
2015-08-26 08:04:42 0292     

lib://ServerLogFolder/Engine\Trace\BIG-04_Session_Engine.txt skipped (previously loaded)

And when I look in the folder there is

BIG-04_Session_Engine.txt from the 21/8

BIG-04_Session_Engine_2015-08-24.log

BIG-04_Session_Engine_2015-08-25.log

BIG-04_Session_Engine_2015-08-26.log

This is the same for the BIG-04_Performance_Engine.txt and BIG-04_System_Engine.txt in the same folder but BIG-04_Start_Engine logs looks like this

BIG-04_Start_Engine_2015-08-21.log

BIG-04_Start_Engine_2015-08-24.log

BIG-04_Start_Engine_2015-08-25.log

BIG-04_Start_Engine_2015-08-26.log

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

After a little more digging. The log files should be put in the archived log folders, but they are not.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

What version of Sense are you using?

Not applicable
Author

Qlik Sense Server 2.0.2.

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

It's hard to guess what might be happening without the log files.

However, I would delete the .qvds in the Qlik\Sense\Log folder and reload the apps to see if all relevant data appear.

Note that with Sense 2.0+ Monitoring Apps, you won't be able to load the majority of Sense 1.x logs because of a major change in the log files.

If removing the QVDs in the Sense\Log folder doesn't do the trick -- and the missing logs are 2.x -- then send over the Operations Monitor and License Monitor script logs from the most recent reload. (found in Sense\Log\Script)

Not applicable
Author

I figured out a possible cause! I shut down the AWS instance the Qlik Sense server is installed on at 18:00 and I guess Qlik Sense Server does a job at 00:00 that archives the old logs. But since the instance is not running when that should happen it doesn't get done.Could that be the cause?

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

So, are the .log files not getting archived to the ArchivedLogs folder? (In other words, are they being rolled over from the .txt file but are remaining in the Sense\Log\[Service] folders?

Or, is it that the .txt files are not rolling over for long periods of time?

Is this multi-node?