Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeffQV
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Google chrome and local custom font not rendering

Has anyone had any issues with Google Chrome not rendering local fonts (while Internet Explorer works just fine)?

Installed a font on the Qlikview server. (The same font is on the local browser machine.)

Set the text objects to use the new font.

Open the dashboard in Explorer (v11) and the font renders properly.

Open the dashboard in Google Chrome (v44) and the default Google Chrome font is used instead.

I then used Firebug to poke around the generated HTML and this is what I see when I inspect a text object:

(from Google Chrome)

<td title="" style="word-wrap: break-word; font-weight: normal; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle; font-size: 14pt; font-style: normal; text-decoration: none; padding: 3px; color: rgb(176, 183, 179);">BLAH BLAH</td>

(from Internet Explorer)

<td title="" style="padding: 3px; text-align: center; color: rgba(176, 183, 179,1); font-family: Frutiger LT 45 Light; font-size: 14pt; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; vertical-align: middle; -ms-word-wrap: break-word; ">BLAH BLAH</td>

They are the same except that Chrome version is missing the font-family property.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on here?

I'm not even sure that using an extension with custom CSS will help me out here as I need different fonts (2 or 3 of them) and I'm not sure how to specify different CSS styles (i.e. the different fonts) across a number of different text objects.

0 Replies