Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Internet bandwidth allocation for QV Extracts

Hi All,

I want to understand that on what basis the internet bandwidth is assigned for QV extracts? I have scenario where I am fetching the data from Sql server 2012 and this sql server is out side of local network.  around 100 million rows I am goin to fetch from database. In this scenario what will be the ideal internet bandwidth should assign.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Its impossible to answer that question as it is totally dependant on a host of factors outside of Qlikview.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Colin-Albert

Do you need to load 100M rows every time?

I would suggest you search for Incremental Load to find out how to make the load more efficient.

Also only load the fields you require, to reduce the width of each row. Do not use  Select * From...

If the server is remote, then it may be worth considering using a stored procedure or view on the SQL side, if that helps reduce the amount of data being passed to QlikView.

These posts by Marcus_Sommer should help

basics of data modelling

advanced topics of qlik datamodels

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Put a Publisher in the same LAN as your SQL database and let it do the reloads. You may have to define different data stages to handle the incremental load (always a good thing to do) efficiently. Publish the resulting end-user QVW on one or more QVS close to your users. You will only transfer data that has been processed and compressed into a QVW over the internet.

Peter