Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Transferring user created objects to another user in qlikview

Hi,

I have a user who created some objects from the access point in qlikview. He wants to transfer those objects to another user. Since he is moving to a different company his user account will be deactivated. Is it possible to transfer these objects to a different user by copying certain properties related to these user in the shared file? If not, is there someother way to do this? Please help.

23 Replies
Not applicable
Author

No when I click the repository, the icon is going to the thinking mode for a while and nothing is happening. Do I need any permission set in QMC to view the repository?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Try in some other browser.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi kaushik,

We have 2 different qlikview dashboards. d1 - one with section access and d2 - one without section access. For the one without section access - d1, I'm able to open the Repository from the browser. But the one with section access- d2 is what giving me issues. I'm not able to open it from the browser. The odd part is I actually removed the security from d2 and published it and checked . Even this one is not opening up the Repository. I'm very confused as to what is going on.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

If you have access to those section access implemented application then please open that and make sure that below settings are there.

1. Go to Document Properties -> Security Tab -> Check all options.

2. Go to Sheet Properties -> Security tab -> Check all Option -> Check apply to all sheet and apply settings.

After doing this setting.

Try again on browser and see what happens.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!