Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Does QS have container like QV ?

Hi All

I have heard that QV have container feature , which mean that i can have many sheet of report , each of the sheet left hand conner display the field for Brand and SBU for user to initial select.

In case that developer need to change from Brand and SBU to Brand to Segment.. The developer can make use of container feature , so that when it change in one location , it will change in all sheet. See the image below , in case still don't understand , open my qvf file for example i like to remove company field from sheet 1 and sheet 2 , it there a way to remove in one location , it will remove every sheet.

container.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You need to make this a master item.  Right click the list box ad add to master item then copy and paste the object everywhere you need it.

Then if you need to change it go to master items and change it there it will replicate in all the objects you use it.  Same applies for Dimensions and measures.

Regards

Andy

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You need to make this a master item.  Right click the list box ad add to master item then copy and paste the object everywhere you need it.

Then if you need to change it go to master items and change it there it will replicate in all the objects you use it.  Same applies for Dimensions and measures.

Regards

Andy

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Andy

Thank you very much , no wonder when i make use of the master items , when i make change , it will ask me do i want to remove the link ? So it is impt to make use of master items when construct my chart and filter part.

Paul

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Exactly.  Any visualisations I reuse on sheets or measure I put in Master Items.  Also great when you look to deploy on server and get other users interacting with the same dashboard being able to give them pre built dimensions, measures and charts allows users to interact with the data confident of the values being consistent with what's already there.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

‌hi Andy

are you from Qlik ?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Hi Paul

No, but use Qlik products a lot as part of my role.  I come here for help a lot to when I get stuck so like to help others when I've seen issues I've encountered myself either with the software or real business challenges around analysis, design and implementation.

Regards

Andy