Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Composite object in qlik sense

Hi,

I am trying to integrate qlik sense objects into my web app using mashup API. There are few objects which we want to pull together and place it into our web page. I want to fetch two different object as single object using qlik.getObject method.

Can I create a composite object in qlik sense ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Alex,

We achieved this by creating an extension and calling getSheet inside it. Allowed user to pick sheet name when they drag the extension on canvas.

In mashup we simply call getObject and it fetches all objects and embedded sheet together,

Its not a perfect solution but works for us,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hi Vishal,

Yes you can create a composite object however that won't help you in this case.

If you wish to include 2 charts you would have to call app.getObject() twice, getting a composite object would only get you the chart model while getObject() will also insert the necessary chart components into the DOM.

If you wish to resolve a promise/call a function once all your chart have been inserted you could use Angulars $q.all([Array of promises]) method, https://docs.angularjs.org/api/ng/service/$q

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Alex,

We achieved this by creating an extension and calling getSheet inside it. Allowed user to pick sheet name when they drag the extension on canvas.

In mashup we simply call getObject and it fetches all objects and embedded sheet together,

Its not a perfect solution but works for us,