Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

some selections affecting just some of the charts on a sheet, is it possible?

Hi All,

I'm trying to design a sheet which has several charts presenting sales and visiting data. One of the several selection fields is the product type. When calculating the total sales amount the product type must be selected but when calculating the visiting numbers it must be not selected . is there any way to provide this structure ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The {1} will ignore all selections, which is not really what you want to do. The {1} will NOT ignore dimensions.

To ignore just the product type, you put the Set Analysis inside an aggregate function. It should be placed in every expression in the chart to ignore the selection on every expression.

You total sales amount is probably something like:

Sum(Sales)

To ignore the Product Type selection on that expression, use:

Sum({<ProductType=>} Sales)

Change the field names appropriately, but that second expression will sum up the total sales, ignoring any selections in Product Type, but respecting all dimensions.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you can use the set analysis whith the parameter "{1}" this value return the total os your application disregarding both selection and dimension.

Not applicable
Author

i've not experienced with set analysis yet, i've to search for information and then try to use.. i hope it be useful

Not applicable
Author

The {1} will ignore all selections, which is not really what you want to do. The {1} will NOT ignore dimensions.

To ignore just the product type, you put the Set Analysis inside an aggregate function. It should be placed in every expression in the chart to ignore the selection on every expression.

You total sales amount is probably something like:

Sum(Sales)

To ignore the Product Type selection on that expression, use:

Sum({<ProductType=>} Sales)

Change the field names appropriately, but that second expression will sum up the total sales, ignoring any selections in Product Type, but respecting all dimensions.

Not applicable
Author

I'm sorry, eu copy wrong the qlikview help 😉

Not applicable
Author

Sum({<ProductType=>} Sales) works properly, this is what i want.. just missing product type selections while considering the others..
thanks to all interested