Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Stone branch in Qlikview Architecture..

Hi,

I am working on the folder structure in our qlikview architecture. When I was asked for automation of files transfers, it would be implemented with Stone-branch concept.(ie)

you need to know the source where you want the file to come from

and the Destination - this case a folder on Qlikview

We then tell the Integration team what the file is (and name) and the source and destination

they do the transfer bits

Can please guide me the flow how it gets fitted in our qlikview architecture.

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You can create batch file to move the files from one environment to other environment.

You can also create custom application to track & automated deployment.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply !!!

We would require some kind of automated system.So are you saying that we create a batch file and plce it in production server and give the path in QMC to automatically call the file?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I would contact Stone Branch and see how they move files. You have not stated what type of files you are trying to move. If it is just the Finished QVW file, you would need Stone Branch to move them to one of the folders you have setup as "Source Document".

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Are you talking about distribution or deployment from QA to Prod ?

Not applicable
Author

I am little confused, can you please explain little further about requirement.

Not applicable
Author

Here is the requirement :

The source data is coming from 5 different integration systems and client would required it to be automated. means expectation is that files would be delivered through stone-branch. A kind of automatic file transfers.

That is how the discussion came in :

we mention the  source where we want the file to come from

and the Destination - this case a folder on Qlikview

We then tell the Integration team what the file is (and name) and the source and destination

they do the transfer bits.

So this automation process, how can we design in the architecture flow diagram. between desktop client --> testing(no test server)  --> production.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This mostly a question about Stone Branch and should be directed to a forum on this topic.

Automation of the QV reload process can be done via a batch file that invokes EDX (QV server) or the QV.exe desktop client. Search here for more information on EDX and the QV.exe /r (reload) parameter.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein