Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I cycle through my charts in one screen object ?

Hi Experts,

I have a sheet displaying 2 similar line charts. Each chart has two expressions.

How can I include both charts into a single object and display them one at a time on the click of a button ? I believe there's a Cyclic Group option which might be a solution but I don't know how to use and set this up.

Can anyone help with clear instructions please

I've attached the example Test.qvw

Thanks

MV

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, that's right. That's the easy option. You can find another option here: Hide and Show using Text or Button Object

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Put both charts in a Container object.

If both charts have the same expressions, but a different dimension then you could create a cyclic group on the Groups tab of the Document Properties window and use that group as dimension in a single chart.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The cyclic group is useful for switching between different fields for dimensions. To cycle complete charts, the easiest is to place them into a container (set Container Type = Single Object).

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

I've created a Container object and put both charts into it. Both charts have the same dimension ( DateFieldMonthYear) but different expressions. Can I create a cyclic group in this instance ?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No. That won't work for different sets of expressions. Did you set the container type setting to Single Object like Jonathan said?

Not applicable
Author

Yes I did.

In that case I'll have to use the container buttons to select the relevant chart.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, that's right. That's the easy option. You can find another option here: Hide and Show using Text or Button Object

Not applicable
Author

That's a great post by Jonathan. A really useful alternative solution. Many thanks to you both.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Maureen

PFA below this might help you in a better way. where you don't have to create multiple objects, with single object we can create multiple expressions and select them based on button. !

John