Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to set up DTAP in small environments

Hi,

I would like to use the QDF also for small solutions to set up a DTAP process. We only have one QV server. Reading all the manuals and examples it is still unclear to me if I should deploy (install) the tool 4 times or just set up 4 containers after deploying the QDF once?

In the first situation, I get four complete folders, that contain a.o. the 0.Administration and 99.Shared containers. In each environment I just set up one container for respective each environment (DTAP)

In the second set up, I just have one 0.Administration and one 99.Shared container and here I'm going to add (set up) four containers (one for Development, one for Test, one for Acceptance and one for Production).

I think that I should use the latest set up (so only deploy the QDF tool once), but I'm not sure.

Can some please help me?

Thanks

Marcel van den Dobbelsteen

11 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Usually you just need to move/copy the app between the containers. When using the framework the app will "hook in" to the new container and just work. You might need to also copy external scripts used by the app. Connection strings are usually stored as collaterals in each container, they could be different depending on environment (test data, production data). Hope that this helps. /Regards Magnus

Not applicable
Author

Frank,

It is exactly as how Magnus describes, just move or copy the QWV files from one container to the other.

Kind regards,

Marcel.