Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Macros with “CreateObject” never worked

Hello everybody,

I've faced the problem since I have Windows 7 64bit version, my macros with "CreateObject" (eg. SET XLapp = CreateObject("Excel.Application"))have never worked.

I get the error "ActiveX object can't be created" >> this is a translation because I have a German version.

Does somebody know what I have to configure and how I have to configure on Windows 7?

Does someone have experiences with this over Ajax-server?

Thanks for thinking about.

Always running scripts

John D.

Beginner

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have Windows 7 64-bit and I was able to run a macro that user CreateObject("Excel.Application"). On the Edit Module screen, you need to make sure you have the proper security allowances. You need System Access as Requested Module Security and Allow System Access in Current Local Security. I'm not sure how those are worded in the German version. Once you have the security options properly set up, you should be able to use CreateObject.

I don't really have any experience using them on the Ajax server.

Not applicable
Author

Normal 0 21 false false false DE ZH-TW X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hi NMiller

I completely agree with you. Thanks for your time. I tried a lot of settings but I didn't find the right one. So if somebody has an idea it would be great if he could share. Does somebody know where to set the option for ActiveX?

Thanks and always running scripts Smile

John D.