Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to run report with changing Recipient List.

I have created a Recipient Import Task and a Report Run Task.  Recipient are imported from Qlikview Entity.

My recipient import list changes on weekly basis.

I want to run and distribute the report by email for only those recipients which are imported for the week. If I add the recipient to the report run task manually, it works. But since my recipient list may change on weekly basis, I do not want to add the recipient to Report Run Task at the time of creation of report but rather is it possible that Nprinting add those recipients imported by Recipient Import Task to Report Run Task.

I also tried to create a job, with Reload Task, Recipient Import Task and Report Run Task. But if the Report Run Task do not have recipient added manually to the Recipient, it does not distribute the report to that recipient by email.

If someone to help me on the issue and guide me where I am wrong/ or what else I need to do ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

in the nprinting desginer create a recipient group

add this recipients groups at the tasks recipients tab

then in your qlikview entity add a column with the value of the group you created to all lines in the table

in the import recipient task map the new column to the field group1

what will happen now is every time you import the recipient list they will be added automatically to the group

and therefore to the task

it's important that you check in the import task to delete old recipients from the recipient list

in order to clear unnecessary recipients from the group

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

the best way to handle this is to run your recipient reload like you are currently doing, but make sure each recipient is associated to a report group.  Assign the report group within the task.  This way when the recipient list is updated, the group will then be automtacially updated and the reports will then be distributed correctly - they key is to use a Group in your recipient list in the task instead of individual recipients

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

in the nprinting desginer create a recipient group

add this recipients groups at the tasks recipients tab

then in your qlikview entity add a column with the value of the group you created to all lines in the table

in the import recipient task map the new column to the field group1

what will happen now is every time you import the recipient list they will be added automatically to the group

and therefore to the task

it's important that you check in the import task to delete old recipients from the recipient list

in order to clear unnecessary recipients from the group

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, It worked

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I could to it.