Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Labels on Chart with Subtype = Stacked

Hi,

I have a problem with labels on a chart, I want the label to the right to show only the most recent entery in this chart (2015-07-31 in chart below). Now, this shows a mix of enteries that have been represented in the past.

How can I achieve this?

111.PNG

Thanks

Daniel

10 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you post a small qlikview document that demonstrates the problem?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Are you referring to the legend on the right when you say labels?

Not applicable
Author

Are you saying you want to limit the values on the legend to only reflect values for the date 2015-07-31?  I'd imagine if you were going to do that you'd also want to limit the the bars themselves to only represent the data for that date otherwise you will have segments of bar that the user will not be able to identify.  You could probably restrict these values with some type of if statement in your legend... Maybe something like =if([Your Date Dimension] >= date(date#('2015-07-31', 'YYYY-MM-DD'),'YYYY-MM-DD'), [Your Date Dimension])

Not applicable
Author

Adam, Yes it is.

Gysbert,see attachment in this post.

Not applicable
Author

Yes I want the values on the legend to only reflect values shown for the latest date (2015-07-31 in pic). But I still want to see the history to be able to see the changes through time.

Not applicable
Author

the options I can think of to try are

combo chart, where one expression is for the latest date and the other expressions show trend - maybe bar for latest date and line for trend - only have the expression for legend be checked for the expression for latest date

2 seperate charts - one for trend history and one for latest date - put them side by side

Kushal_Chawda

try below expression

SUM({<EE={'Asia'}, Date={"$(=date(max(Date)))"}>}AUM)

Not applicable
Author

Daniel, see attached...

I don't believe you will be able to limit the legend without in turn limiting the data returned. My proposed solution is to have 2 calculated dimension and a button the switches between showing the current and showing the history.

Not applicable
Author

see attached - I have it in 2 charts but you should be able to make a combo chart with the second expression as a variable with max date (I hard coded just for testing