Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

sum from different pivot table

Hi All,

I have two pivot tables in the same sheet.

the first pivot table is working fine, in the second table however, i need to calculate the sum using data from the first pivot table but i dont want all the information.

For example i have three expressions in table 1 and two in table 2.

in table 1 the expressions are as follows,

Currency, Net Assets, Position

in table 2 the expression that needs to be calculated is the net long assets wherein,If specific currencerror loading image

the above screen shot is from my excel file solution.

i have created the top table table as a pivot table, but need to create the second table where the net long position is to be calculated.

the net long position is calculated as follows, if the position (marked in red) is Long then add the values under the net open position ( marked in green).

Can anyone help me with this please?

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Could you send me the file you hae worked on so I could see where i'm going wrong because it still doesn't work for me.

Thank you for your time and please bear a little with me.

Thanks Again.

Regards.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

HI,

Since some website error doesn't allow me to upload documents, please find it here. Once you have downloaded it, let me know so I can delete it from my page.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Appoligies for late reply.

I downloaded the document, and went through it, i've managed to figure it out, but it was not what i was looking for, anyways thanks.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

I have found the best way to use data from one table in another is through variables.

This allows for simplifiyng the data.