Anonymous
Not applicable

vToday Function

What does vToday function return?

6 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

It's possibly a user-defined variable rather than a function. May be it is defined like:

vToday=Today()

sunny_talwar

There is no function available as vToday. May be you are looking for Today() function which gives Today's Date.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Num($(vToday)-(MinString( {$<Status -={'Closed'} >} [Case Created Date])),'#,##0')

This is my expression. So can you please explain....

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I think you the above expression returns age (number of days) of all the cases which are not closed.

To elaborate: Below function returns minimum date for all the cases which are not closed.

(MinString( {$<Status -={'Closed'} >} [Case Created Date]))

I think vToday just returns Today's date. Then you're subtracting Min Date for all the cases which are not closed from Today's date.

Cheers,

DV

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

look under setting/variable overview..

the variable will be under that probably with a value Today()  like below example.Untitled.jpg

the expression might not return correct results as it seems to be subtracting a string value from a date.

MinString( {$<Status -={'Closed'} >} [Case Created Date])

returns the minimum string value in the case created date field where status is not equal to Closed

hth

Sasi

ganeshreddy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

The entire expression is about calculating the age of open cases. They used num function in expression to show age(days information) without decimals. Our community legends has already answered in this discussion.

Thanks,

Ganesh.