Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trying to load an excel file with a title row above the column heading row

i am trying to load an excel file into qlikview that has been generated by another system.  The first row is a multi-column header with an extra column  that doesn't appear in the main data portion.  when i delete the 1st row in the script as garbage, i lose all the column headings in the second row, as well as all of my data after loading.  the only way i seem to be able to load the data is to manually delete the 1st row in excel, which i don't want to do every time i reload - i am pretty sure that qlikview is able to manage the file as generated but i can't seem to make it work?  can anyone please help?  if this is not the right forum, please help ,as i can't see any other place to post a question.  thank you.

11 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

if we can move the file in question or part of it, we can help you better

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

when you load a file you can define the header lines which tells qlikview from which line it needs to take the headers

Picture1.png

Not applicable
Author

ok - i am attaching the 1st 3 rows of the original file - row 1 has the title running from col a to col k, then the real column headings are in row 2, but when i try embedded col headings or number of header line or garbage row, all i end up with is col a and all the other columns /fields are fxx and no data - if someone can tell me how to attach a file, happy to do that but can't see how to do that here in this forum ...

inbound order details.jpg

Not applicable
Author

i cannot read it in as a delimited file - only excel - when i remove the top row through the scripting wizard, this is the script i end up with

and this is what the list boxes look like when trying to display the info - as you can see, only column a's data is being loaded

inbound order list boxes.jpginbound script.jpg

Not applicable
Author

if you can tell me how to attach a small sample of the spreadsheet, will gladly do that - thanks

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

i used the attach file

and this is the script

LOAD A,

B,

C,

D,

E,

F,

G,

H,

I,

J,

K

FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, header is 1 lines, table is Sheet1);

Not applicable
Author

ok - with more playing around, if i make a copy of the file, everything works, if i copy the sheet everything works, it's just that the file as it comes out of the generating software is making it unreadable to qlikview - might it have something to do with biff - can i change that to anything else to read the file as it is generated, without having to change it every time?  thanks

Not applicable
Author

i see you have ooxml - all i see is biff - how do i get ooxml?

Not applicable
Author

ok - figured out how to add an attachment - here is the original file which does not work for me - thanks