Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nprinting On-Demand Recipient Import Task

I have a Recipient Import Task, Report Task and Reload task in xxx.nsq file.  Recipeint Import Task is importing recipients from yyy.qvw saved in Web view mode. In yyy.qvw I have a chart object which is having the list of recipients from where I want the user to select the recipients and then click on the Nprinting Extension Task Object which runs the recipient Import Task for the selected Recipients.

Sometimes the task imports on the basis of selection but many times it imports the some previous selection and does not changes the recipient imported based on the selection.

I read that the nsq can interact with qvw saved in non-web view mode only. Then how do I allow the user to select the recipients and import only the selected recipients, because the extension objects work only on qvw saved in web view mode.

Request you to please guide how can I allow the user to select the recipients and import only the selected recipients.

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am not sure I completely understand.  It sounds like you have a qvw file that has an object (straight table, table box) that contains your recipient information.  You then have a qvw which contains on demand extensions.

When you click on the on-demand button, you want to kick of the recipient import task - is this correct?

You can build your nsq to point to the qvw  ontaining the object with recipient inforamtion.  Choose the option when creating the import task to Select from QlikView Entity

On the qvw with the NPrinting extrnsion you would ahve it call taht task and configure as to whther or not you want the current selections to be taken into account.

Please refer to the links below

How to Use Current Selections with On-Demand Reporting – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

How to Use NPrinting On-Demand to Set Recipients in Tasks – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

How to Import Recipients from QlikView Documents - Features Track – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

I will also attach the nprinting training environment that has example to use and not use selection criteria for on demand.

If I am not understanding what you are trying to do, please let me know

Not applicable
Author

Just to explain again. I have got two yy.qvw (save in normal mode) and yyy.qvw (saved in web view mode and has Nprinting extension objects)

yy.qvw contains the chart object which has the recipient list and is connected to xxx.nsq file. Recipient import Task is connected to this chart.

Now I have a list box in yyy.qvw containing the names of the recipient. I want the user to select the recipient and then when he clicks on the Recipient and then when he clicks on the Recipient Import Task only those recipients selected by him should be imported.

I am not able to understand how the yyy.qvw in web view mode is connected to yy.qvw in normal mode. So that when he selects recipients on yyy.qvw, it also filters the same recipients on yy.qvw.

Adam I read the link provided by you. But even if I make a selection on yyy.qvw, it imports all the recipients and do not filter on basis of selection.

Not applicable
Author

I misunderstood - the filter selection ahve to do with the report itself, not on the import of recipients.

Do I understand that you want to select a recipient from the list and then when you do the import, you want it to import jsut the selected recipients?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I want to import only the selected recipients.

Not applicable
Author

ahhh - that would be tricky because I do not believe the import is designed that way

Question - why do you want to import jsut selected recipient(s) - there are options in the import task to do all recipinets, just new or jsut modified recipients

I am thinking the selection you are making needs to filter from the object you are importing recipients from

There is a round about way - you can create an Excel output nprinting report based on your selected recipients - that would create an excel file of just the recipients you want to import - you would then import from the excel file isntead of the object

Not applicable
Author

My recipient list changes every week. So, I want the user to first run the import recipient task. As proposed by you, if I let it import all the recipient, it will delete the old recipients and import all the new recipients

Then if the user selects some of the recipients, the report Task should run only for those recipients which are selected. (I have a filter on each recipient which filters the report based on his name, and used the verify option in the filter). Then the report run task gives me warning : Verify filter created null results, since it runs for all the recipients and generate null data for non-selected recipients.

I also used "condition", for chart used for running report "has values."

How to avoid those warnings ? and report should be delivered by email to only the recipients selected by the user.

Not applicable
Author

In the above stated case, report distribution is happening correctly as desired (Report is not distributed to recipient not selected and selected recipient gets report which has data pertaining to his name only).

But Task Run status is shown as failed in Nprinting Report Queue Extension Object with warning  : Verify filter returns null results.

Is there any way to suppress these warnings and get status as done.

Not applicable
Author

well I am glad to hear it is working but sounds like there is an issue somewhere, although it may not be affecting the desired result

I would suggest a case to Qlik to discuss

Not applicable
Author

my question would be if you ahve filters on each user, why does someone need to select recipients?

You can set up the import task, maybe have 2 to just handle modified and new recipients.

when your report task is run, the inforamtion will go to users based on the filters and if you have the filter set to verify, they will not get a report if there is no data.

I may not be understanding correctly