Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Version Error while opening .nsq file in Nprinting Designer

I have license of Nprinting 16.0.0.0. Due to some issues with Nprinting On-Demand Extension, I installed the latest version of Nprinting Server 16.2.0.0 whereas my Nprinting Designer is still 16.0.0.0

When I open an Nprinting Report in the Designer it gives me the error

Is it ok to install Nprinting Server 16.2.0.0 if I have license for 16.0.0.0. Should I also install to the latest version of Designer or revert to Nprinting Server version 16.0.0.0.

What is correct ? How can I get rid of this error message.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The designer and server versions of NPrinting should always be aligned across the organization.

I strongly recommend you update your designer to the same version as the server.

Best

Aran

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

the error means the nsq was created and saved with a lter version of designer than you are currently using.  The error may be a result of the NPrinting  extensions -

can you double check the version of nprinting where the nsq was created - what will happen is any features/functions that were used in the nsq not supported by the version you are using to open, will be lost

Not applicable
Author

The designer and server versions of NPrinting should always be aligned across the organization.

I strongly recommend you update your designer to the same version as the server.

Best

Aran

Not applicable
Author

and to add what Aran has stated, all development and server version should be and need to be the same.  This will avoid the error you are encountering as well as the server trying to process functionality it does not have becasue the nsq was created on a newer version than the server