Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line graph scales are not detailed when Zoom In

Hi,

I have a general question regarding a "zoom in" for more details in the Y - Axis , and I will explain :

If I have several values like 10,177,177.5,178.2, 208,2000, 2300 - It is clear that the Y-Axis will show values between zero (or greater -  irrelevant) to ~3000 and the jump\gap between the greed lines will be big   BUT why when I zoom in to a specific time which includes the values 177,177.5 , 178.2  the 3 points are shown between 2 greed line (in the Y-Axes)  from 10 existing greed lines.

When zoom in most of the upper and lower space in the line graph in empty, I would expect to see that the greed line will be in smaller gaps,  (like  from 176 to 180 with 0.5 between the greed lines.

A real other example in the attached files, I would have expected that in the 'After Zoom In"  the Y-Axis will be more detailed between

480-495.

I know of property scales static Min\Max but I need flexibility since my values are varied and Zoom In \Zoom out according to user's needs.

Nir Gil

5 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can tailor the zoom to your user needs as you like by using expressions/calculations for the static min, max and step options instead of static values

ganeshreddy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Nir,

checking below highlighted options may help you . I am unable to open your jpg files .

Capture7.PNG

Regards,

Ganesh.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

1. static min, max and step options instead of static values - is not relevant to my problem (as I wrote in the original message).

2.Minor greed is also not relevant.

My problem is that the Y-Axes greed line, which present the values (The X-greed line presents the dates) are not Adjusted properly when all the presented points appear in one 'greed line box' from 8 'greed line boxes'.

How come in a line chart, which show 15 points with varied values between 41,700 to 41,900  the Y-Axis (8 of them) are running from 40,000 to 43,500 and Jump\show greed line every 500,000.

I would expect it to be from 41,500 to 42,000 and  Jump\show greed line every 100,000. or even better to show every 50,000 in this case.

And when I show, in the same chart 15 points with varied values between 40,300 to 43,200 than adjust greed line from 40,000 to 43,500.

Nir

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

The grid lines are determined by the static step to a minimum of 6

Not applicable
Author

Attached is a photo in which maybe my problem will be clear:

In this photo you can see that all the point are spread near one SINGLE Y-Axis greed line.

I would have expect the greed line to automatically changed, In this zoom-in example, to a range between 89-91 and with jump of 1/3 or 1/2 or something similar so the user can  see the little differences between the values.

AGAIN, I would have not expect the range to be smaller if one of the points was out of range.20150907_124310-1.jpg