Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Check box option in Input Box

Hi

I have browsed through a lot of similar queries and am not finding exactly what I need. I currently have an input box with a lot of Yes/No options for showing fields in a chart, I have about 10 or sometimes more fields that are available to be added as dimensions on a chart working with variable example vShowName with two values Y/N.

Is there a way of doing this with check boxes inside the input box, or are there better options. Like I said before we have quite a number of these setup so it is not just one or two of them. I have also thought about using a list box for each with only one check box which can be highlighted for a yes value, but I am not sure how to make this a variable to use for a dimension

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

It is the expression I have difficulty with

On chart properties - General - Calculation condition I have this

GetSelectedCount(bud_dimension_flag)<>' ' AND GetSelectedCount(bud_dimension_1)>0

Then on the first dimension I have this

=SubStringCount(Concat(bud_dimension_flag, '|'), 1)

I tried to change the expression different ways, finally got to this one, not sure if you can help me with the script. Not sure what I am doing wrong

if (GetSelectedCount(bud_dimension_flag)=' '

AND GetSelectedCount(bud_dimension_1)<'1',

SubStringCount(Concat(bud_dimension_flag, '|'), 1),SubStringCount(Concat(bud_dimension_flag, '|'), 1))

I would like to get a solution using this, otherwise a hidden dimension could maybe help bt then you do not need the Calculation condition?

Not applicable
Author

It is exactly the script that I cannot get right.

I attached my script, can you maybe have a look at what I am doing wrong

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 8:44 AM, Kaushik Solanki <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>

Not applicable
Author

Hi All, I used Bookmarks to have the first value autoselected when opening a sheet. This works fine. Thanks to everyone for the ideas