Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yblake
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

selectValues extension API do not unselect last selected value

Hi,

I use the following code to select / unselect dimension values from D3 click event :

function clickValue(d,i) { 

var dim = 0, value = d.dimensionid; 

self.selectValues( dim, [value], true );

}

The dimensionid is populated from hypercube dimension value qElemNumber.

This was working well until Sense release 2.0.

Since release 2.0, unselecting the last selected value has no effect (it remains selected in the toolbar). However, a second click on the same value makes the unselection working...

So the first question is : Why does the selectValues extension API does'nt work when clicking once the last selected value ?

If I use a simple extension with jquery and "qv-activate" event it does work well. The second question is : How could we handle the "qv-activate" event within D3 ?

Replacing

.on("click", clickValue)

By

.on("qv-activate", clickValue)

doesn't work.

Thanks for any help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yblake
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi,

This issue is solved in Sense 2.2 (Tested on QS Desktop 2.2 Beta).

View solution in original post

12 Replies
ErikWetterberg

From your description it looks like your problem is with the event handling rather than the selectValues.

A first step would be to try to debug this. Put a breakpoint in the clickValue function and verify that it gets called when you expect it to.

If it does, verify that the parameters (dim and value) have the values you would expect.

Hope this helps

Erik

yblake
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Erik,

I would love so, but I've been debugging hardly prior to ask...

Putting some BreakPoint and Logging to console confirms that the selectValues method is called, and the parameters are consistent (the dim is always 0 and the value is the qElemNumber initially received from the hypercube).

Replacing extension API selectValues by backend API equivalent does solve this issue (but I prefer end user to use normal Qlik Sense behaviour, that is to be able to confirm or cancel his selections ).

ErikWetterberg

Could you share your extension with me, and I'll take a look. This might be a bug.

Erik

yblake
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Erik,

You may find a sample extension and test application here :

https://github.com/yblake/d3click/archive/master.zip

If you click twice on the "iPhone" (or "Samsung") rectangle, you will notice that the second click doesn't unselect the dimension value.

Thanks for your support,

Yves

ErikWetterberg

Hi,

I can easily reproduce this and it seems like a bug. Please report it. I'll investigate further on my side.

Thanks for letting us know!

Erik

yblake
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks Erik,

Issue has been reported to Qlik support ( case id 00559994 ).

Thanks again for your time.

Yves.

yblake
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

More dans one month later, I finally received :

"Dear yves,

The reported issue ID QLIK-37933 has been confirmed by R&D as a bug.

Due to uncertainties regarding potential related problems and program priorities, I cannot guarantee a fix date at this time but it will be fixed in the next releases of the product."

Then I lighted a candle, and did some incantations...

Not applicable

Hi,

I use the following code too and I have the same problem...

Did you find a solution?

Thanks,

Bastien.

yblake
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Bastien,

The issue has been submitted just two and a half month ago, so no answer at the moment, .

The issue ID QLIK-37933 is no more visible from my side on the new support portal, but support team announced "there may be some teething issues while the portal is made live".

Take care of your teeth