Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nprinting Error Message

I am getting this error when trying to generate a preview of my excel Nprinting document 'Index was outside the bounds of the array'. I have an excel with several worksheets that have pivot tables in them. The pivot tables are referencing the same fields of Carrier, Plan Name, and Age, but then each pivot table reference a different Rate that is a separate field in the original table. Can you help me figure out why I may be getting this error?

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I do not have any other object in the sheets with the pivot tables. I am going to have a call with Support this afternoon and hopefully will get some answers.

Thank you!

Not applicable
Author

please let us know the results of your support session - very curious as to the cause of the issue

Not applicable
Author

Well, the outcome of my support call is that when using a pivot table in Nprinting, there MUST be data populated into each pivot. I had three pivot tables, and based on selections that I wanted to make in QV, I may only need data to populate into 2 of the 3 tables. This lack of data for the 3rd pivot is why I was getting the error. My workaround for this project is that I will just always populate into all 3 pivots, and the end user will just have to delete the pivot tables they do not want to use if necessary.

Not applicable
Author

Good to know - I try not to use pivot tables much in NPrinting unles I use them as an image - I seem to run into issues with them and NPrinting is limited on the pivot table when brought in as a pivot from the QV application

stig1984
Creator II
Creator II

This makes a lot of sense - I have been having this issue with an excel pivot which was working but now does not.  As we have just started a new financial year the data is now all zero and the report no longer runs.

As soon as some data is populated it runs again.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi Stephen,

Please let us know if you need help. This is a very old thread and it refers to Qlik NPrinting 16.

Best,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
stig1984
Creator II
Creator II

It answered my question beautifully - thanks.

Just thought it might be a pertinent comment if anyone else was searching for the same issue - as soon as data was available the error disappeared.